Subfamily "Falco" - True Falcons
- The Gyrfalcon (Falco rusticolus) - the largest of the falcon species. Breeds on Arctic coasts and the islands of North America, Europe and Asia.
- Red-necked Falcon, Falco chicquera
- Red-footed Falcon, Falco vespertinus
- Amur Falcon, Falco amurensis
- Eleonora's Falcon, Falco eleonorae
- Sooty Falcon, Falco concolor
- Aplomado Falcon, Falco femoralis
- Merlin Falcon, Falco columbarius
- Bat Falcon, Falco rufigularis
- Orange-breasted Falcon, Falco deiroleucus
- New Zealand Falcon, Falco novaeseelandiae
- Brown Falcon, Falco berigora
- Grey Falcon, Falco hypoleucos
- Lanner Falcon, Falco biarmicus
- Laggar Falcon, Falco jugger
- Saker Falcon, Falco cherrug
- Black Falcon, Falco subniger
- Gyr Falcon, Falco rusticolus
- Prairie Falcon, Falco mexicanus
- Peregrine Falcon, Falco peregrinus
- Taita Falcon, Falco fasciinucha
Subfamily "Herpetotheres" – Laughing Falcon
- The Laughing Falcon (Herpetotheres cachinnans) - also called the Snake Hawk - is a medium-sized bird of prey found from both coastal slopes of Mexico through Central and South America south to Amazonian Peru and Bolivia, in Brazil, and northern Argentina and Paraguay
Subfamily "Polyborinae" - sometimes considered part of their own subfamily "Caracarinae"
- Caracaras - Found in South and Central America, just reaching the southern United States.
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!