Hummingbird Information … Albino Hummingbird (White) Hummingbirds Information
White Hummingbirds Reported in Other States / Locations
Albino Hummingbird sightings in Tennessee recorded in reverse chronological order:
- Tennessee, Greenback. Photographed by Gina May at her hummingbid feeder. She describes this unusual hummingbid as follows: “This hummingbird appears to be white with light brown spots.. or light brown with white spots. “
- Bell Buckle Tennessee just south of Nashville: Debra Gonnion reported, and provided photos of, a white hummingbird at her hummingbird feeder. Sightings: September 2021.
- Tennessee, Murfreesboro: Whitney Qandt reports a leucistic hummingbird in her garden. She described it as follows: “feathers are definitely SOLID silver/white color with no markings/variations at all. First sighted 8/25/18. Last sighted TODAY 9/14/18. Multiple/daily sightings in between”, September, 2018
- Gallatin 37066. Paul and Kay Joyce reported (with photos) a partial white hummingbird at their feeders since 9/07/17 and have watched it daily through 9/13/17.
- Luray 38352 (9/20/2015). Angie Burns submitted a photo (below) and the following information: “The photo was taken by me on 9.20.15. The first sighting of the hummingbird was on 9.19.15 in the early evening. It returned to the feeder on 9.20.15 with other hummingbirds.”
- Bethpage (northern Sumner County). September 1, 2015. Reported by Amanda (gg179 [at] aol dot com) with photos
- Robertson County. July 26, 2015. White hummingbird reported by Ann Murray.
- Waverly. White hummingbird video submitted by Jerry Jackson, 9/8/2014.
- Blount County, 9/1/2014: White hummer (albino?) photographed by Lisa Stinnett – www.flickr.com/photos/birdwatcher804
- Nashville: Joel Pepper reported and submitted a photo of a partial white (pied) / leucistic hummingbird on August 30, 2014
- Collierville, July 2014: Leucistic Rubythroated Hummingbird photographed by Laura Lee Haygood
- South Pittsburg – White hummingbird sighted by Melissa and Ricky Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 9/10/2012
- Chattanooga – Leucistic Female Ruby-Throated Hummingbird sighted on Signal Mountain near Chattanooga by Bret Douglas on 9/6/2012
- Tennessee, near Nashville, TN 37122. Albino Hummingbird visited feeders several times a day (photo below taken in Sept. 2011). It stayed for about 4 – 5 weeks. Photographed by Bill Wright Email : email@example.com
- Nashville 37221 (8/9/11 and 8/11/11) Leucistic Unknown Species sighted in Cynthia’s backyard
Did you see one of these rare hummingbirds? If so, please e-mail relevant information (such as date, location, etc.) and photos – if available (including the photographer’s name. THANK YOU!)