The Black-billed Woodhoopoes (Phoeniculus somaliensis) – also known as Grant’s Wood Hoopoes – are African endemics. They specifically occur in the following countries:
Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan, Kenya and Tanzania.
Subspecies and Ranges
- Phoeniculus somaliensis somaliensis (Ogilvie-Grant, 1901) – Nominate Form
- Occurs in southeastern Ethiopia, western Somalia and northeasterh Kenya.
- Phoeniculus somaliensis abyssinicus (Neumann, 1903)
- Found in northern Ethiopia and Eritrea.
- Phoeniculus somaliensis neglectus (Neumann, 1905)
- Range: Central Ethiopia
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.