Cacomantis is a genus of cuckoo that contains the following species:
- Banded Bay Cuckoo, Cacomantis sonneratii : A species of small cuckoo found in South Asia. The binomial name commemorates the French naturalist and explorer Pierre Sonnerat.
- Plaintive Cuckoo, Cacomantis merulinus
- Rusty-breasted Cuckoo, Cacomantis sepulcralis: Found in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
- Grey-bellied Cuckoo, Cacomantis passerinus
- Brush Cuckoo, Cacomantis variolosus
- Moluccan Cuckoo, Cacomantis heinrichi : Endemic to Indonesia. They inhabit subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and moist montanes. The continued existence of this species is threatened by habitat destruction.
- Chestnut-breasted Cuckoo, Cacomantis castaneiventris
- Fan-tailed Cuckoo, Cacomantis flabelliformis
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.