Camarhynchus finches are endemic to the Galapagos Islands. Previously they were classified in the bunting and American sparrow family Emberizidae, however, more recent studies have shown it to belong in the tanager family.
It contains the following species:
- Vegetarian Finch, Camarhynchus crassirostris – sometimes separated in Platyspiza
- Large Tree-finch, Camarhynchus psittacula
- Medium Tree-finch, Camarhynchus pauper
- Small Tree-finch, Camarhynchus parvulus
- Woodpecker Finch, Camarhynchus pallidus – sometimes separated in Cactospiza
- Mangrove Finch, Camarhynchus heliobates