Kite bird is smaller raptors with long wings and weak legs which spend a great deal of time soaring. Here you will get all the information about kite birds.
Kites are smaller raptors with long wings and weak legs which spend a great deal of time soaring. They occur naturally in the warmer regions of this world.
In general they will take live prey but mostly feed on dead animals.
- Genus Elanus
- Genus Chelictinia
- African Swallow-tailed Kite, Chelictinia riocourii
- Genus Machaerhamphus
- Bat Hawk, Machaerhamphus alcinus
- Genus Gampsonyx
- Pearl Kite, Gampsonyx swainsonii
- Genus Elanoides
- Swallow-tailed Kite, Elanoides forficatus
- Genus Harpagus
- Genus Ictinia
- Genus Rostrhamus
- Snail Kite, Rostrhamus sociabilis
- Genus Helicolestes
- Slender-billed Kite, Helicolestes hamatus – formerly in Rostrhamus
- Genus Haliastur
- Genus Milvus
- Genus Lophoictinia
- Square-tailed Kite, Lophoictinia isura
- Genus Hamirostra
- Black-breasted Buzzard, Hamirostra melanosternon
A few of the Perninae are also called kites.
- Grey-headed Kite, Leptodon cayanensis
- White-collared Kite, Leptodon forbesi
- Hook-billed Kite, Chondrohierax uncinatus
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.