The Lesser Antillean Bullfinch (Loxigilla noctis) is a species of bird in the Emberizidae family.
Distribution / Range
It is found in Saint Barth, Saint Martin, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the British Virgin Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Its inhabits subtropical or tropical dry forests, moist lowland forests, and heavily degraded former forest.
Further Finch Reading
- Finch Information
- Index of Finch Species
- Photos of the Different Finch Species for Identification
- Common Health Problems of Finches
- Finch / Canary Diet / Nutrition
In 2006 the Barbados Bullfinch (Loxigilla barbadensis) was elevated to the species level; previously the species had been considered only a non-sexually dimorphic subspecies of the Lesser Antillean Bullfinch.
- BirdLife International 2004. 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 26 July 2007.
- Media related to Loxigilla noctis at Wikimedia Commons
- Saint Barth Fauna and Flora (French)