The liocichlas occur naturally found in Asia from India to China.
- Grey-faced Liocichla, also known as the Omei Shan or Emei Shan Liocichla, Liocichla omeiensis:
- It is closely related to the Bugun Liocichla.Endemic to mountain ranges in Southern Sichuan, China, where it inhabits the undergrowth of semi-tropical rain forests. This altitudinal migrant spends the summer months above 1000 m and moving below 600m in the winter.The plumage is olive-grey except for the red wing patches. The plumage on the face is grey with a slight red ring on each side of the face.
- Steere’s Liocichla, Liocichla steerii:
- Found in China and Taiwan.
- Red-faced Liocichla,Liocichla phoenicea:
- Found in Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam, where it inhabits subtropical or tropical moist montanes.
- Bugun Liocichla, Liocichla bugunorum
- Found only on the Eaglenest Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunchal Pradesh, India.