The longclaws are small African passerine birds with long tails, which they wag frequently.
Longclaw Photo Gallery
Longclaws are slender, often colourful, ground-feeding insectivores of open country. They are ground nesters, laying up to four speckled eggs.
They are named for their unusually long hind claws, which are believed to help them walk on grass.
- Cape Longclaw, Macronyx capensis
- Yellow-throated Longclaw, Macronyx croceus
- Fulleborne’s Longclaw, Macronyx fuellebornii
- Sharpe’s Longclaw, Macronyx sharpei
- Abyssinian Longclaw, Macronyx flavicollis
- Pangani Longclaw, Macronyx aurantiigula
- Rosy-breasted Longclaw, Macronyx ameliae
- Grimwood’s Longclaw, Macronyx grimwoodi
Photo, Video and/or Article contributions are welcome! You can Upload articles and images here. Thank you!
Beauty Of Birds strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please contact us. THANK YOU!!!