The Montane White-eye (Zosterops poliogastrus, formerly poliogaster), also known as the Broad-ringed White-eye, is a White-eye species that is endemic to Africa, specifically the following countries: Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan and Tanzania. It inhabits subtropical or tropical moist montane forests, high-altitude shrubland, plantations and rural gardens.
It includes numerous subspecies, several of which are restricted to isolated mountains. Some of these are sometimes considered separate monotypic species, such as:
- Kulal White-eye (Zosterops kulalensis)
- Taita White-eye (Zosterops silvanus)
- South Pare White-eye (Zosterops winifredae)
- Kikuyu White-eye (Zosterops kikuyuensis)
- Mbulu White-eye (Zosterops mbuluensis).
White-eye Information Page … White-eye Species Index … White-eye Species Photo Gallery