Pochard may refer to:
Three species of diving ducks in the genus Aythya:
- Common Pochard, Aythya ferina
- Baer’s Pochard, Aythya baeri
- Madagascar Pochard Aythya innotata
or to three species in the genus Netta:
- Red-crested Pochard, Netta rufina
- Rosybill or Rosybill Pochard , Netta peposaca
- Southern Pochard, Netta erythrophthalma
More Duck Resources
Diet / Feeding:
Pochard usually feed by diving or dabbling – and often at night. They will upend for food as well as the more characteristic diving. Their staple diet consists of aquatic plants with some mollusks, aquatic insects and small fish.
Ducks generally feed on larvae and pupae usually found under rocks, aquatic animals, plant material, seeds, small fish, snails and crabs.