The treepies comprise four related genera – specifically the Dendrocitta, Crypsirina, Temnurus and Platysmurus.
These long-tailed perching birds are mostly found high up in the canopy and rarely come to the ground to feed.
- Genus Dendrocitta
- Grey Treepie, Dendrocitta formosae
- Rufous Treepie, Dendrocitta vagabunda
- Black-faced Treepie, or Collared Treepie, Dendrocitta frontalis
- Sumatran Treepie, Dendrocitta occipitalis
- Bornean Treepie, Dendrocitta cinerascens
- White-bellied Treepie, Dendrocitta leucogastra
- Andaman Treepie, Dendrocitta bayleyi
- Genus Crypsirina
- Black Racket-tailed Treepie, Crypsirina temia (formerly Dendrocitta)
- Hooded Treepie, Crypsirina cucullata
- Genus Temnurus
- Ratchet-tailed Treepie, Temnurus temnurus
- Genus Platysmurus
- Black Magpie Platysmurus leucopterus
Please Note: The articles or images on this page are the sole property of the authors or photographers. Please contact them directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.