- The way we treat personally identifiable information collected by Avianweb through this website.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- You can visit this website without revealing any personal information. However, if you wish to purchase any products or subscriptions, you may need to go through a simple registration process.
- This may require your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. The Avianweb will use this information ONLY to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services, and to contact you regarding new products and services.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
- Avianweb automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested. Avianweb may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, Avianweb does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
- Avianweb also allows third party companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and Avianweb assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Avianweb may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of Avianweb to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information
- Avianweb may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- … we have your express consent to share the information for a specified purpose;
- … we need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- … we need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of Avianweb
- If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to Avianweb. If you have provided personal information to Avianweb and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Avianweb at [email protected]
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. We are doing our best to protect your privacy and security. In certain areas of our websites, as identified on the site, Avianweb uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- We also safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access, through access control procedures, network firewalls and physical security measures.
- Further, Avianweb retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- Avianweb may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of the Avianweb website after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Questions or Suggestions
Revised: August 2015