The Josephine’s Lorikeet (Charmosyna josefinae) is found in Indonesia and Papua New Guinea, where its preferred habitat includes the subtropical or tropical moist lowland forests and subtropical or tropical moist montanes.
- Josephine’s Lorikeets – Nominate species(Charmosyna josefinae josefinae) – averages 24 cm / 9.6 inches in length
Josephine’s Lories as Pets or in Aviculture:
Due to their endangered status, any suitable specimen that cannot be released back into their natural habitat (native range) should preferably be placed into a well-managed breeding program to ensure the continued survival of this species.
Family: Loriidae … Genus: Scientific: Vini … English: Vini Lory … Dutch: Vinilori … German: Maidloris … French: Lori Vini … Species: Scientific: Vini australis … English: Blue-crowned Lory … Dutch: Blauwkaplori … German: Blaukäppchenlori … French: Lori vini à crête bleu
Other Relevant Web Resources
- Photos of the Different Lory Species for Identification … Listing of Species
- Distribution Maps of Lories and Lorikeets
- Lories and Lorikeets in Aviculture
- Feeding and Housing Your Lories and Lorikeets
- Diseases of Lories / Lorikeets and Health Care Program
- Special Challenges of Lories and Lorikeets: Training and Behavioral Guidance